Literally, my best post ever!

Best Blogger Tips

Monday 16 February 2009

Many people have commented on it before, but the trend has become worse – people literally never stop using the word literally. I’ve heard someone say:

    “It was so funny I literally laughed my head off”.
Or look at the recent story about a couple in Victoria who seven years ago were fined $30,000 by their Local Council for cutting down 250 trees around their property. They are now asking for an apology and the money back, because after the recent bushfires, theirs is the only house standing in the area. Speaking of their treatment at the time, the lady said:
    “We were literally crucified by the council.”
And finally there is Naomi Watts who (as you can see from yesterday’s Sydney Sun-Herald) has now claimed to have literally lost half her brain – or based on her use of the word, perhaps it is true.

(Just in case you were misled by the title of this post, for other bestest posts ever, feel free click here on the "Favourite Posts" section of my blog.)

4 comments :

Di said...

You've hit the nail on the head again, Andrew. This is one of my pet peeves too!

fional said...

This literally drives me up the wall.

Lindi said...

I agree. And I also dislike "Don't take me literally, but...".

Daily said...

I was literally beside myself when I saw that I had three comments - Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP